The Functional Safety Manager is a critical Curtis Corporate role. You will provide in-depth knowledge of all relevant safety standards pertaining to all Curtis products. The Functional Safety Manager will be responsible for defining technical requirements to global Curtis development teams, thus ensuring all products developed are compliant with the markets for which they are intended.
As new markets open up to Curtis products the Functional Safety Manager will be responsible for carrying out a ‘gap analysis’ to show how well existing Curtis products can serve these markets and what, if any, additional technical features need to be incorporated in order to ensure compliance.
This is a hybrid position, requiring flexibility to go into the office three times a week, or as needed. Our UK Engineering Center is located in North East England.
What you'll do:
- Carry out internal compliance audits to provide assurance of conformity.
- Manage, and update all safety related aspects to ISO26262, the creation of safety processes, concepts and strategies the for complete product lifecycle.
- Be familiar with EN1175, EN280, EN13849, EN12895, ISO26262, IEC61508.
- Analyze Functional Safety Requirements to develop Technical Safety Concept and Technical Safety Requirements, in collaboration with global engineering teams.
- Create the Hazard and Risk Analysis (HARA), DFMEA, fault tree analyses and leads safety analyses for FMEDA and FTA.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and 10 plus years experience in product design and functional safety compliance.
- A well-established understanding of the current standards governing the electrification market for both industrial, on road, agriculture and construction industries.
- A proven record of driving product compliance to international standards by defining requirements for product development.
- Experience of using requirements capture tools.
- Excellent understanding of functional safety and ISO26262
- Some understanding of Motor controllers, DCDC converters, Chargers and Battery Management Systems.