The Director of Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) is a key leadership position, reporting directly to the VP and General Manager, Curtis. This position will require an experienced /SIOP leader able to facilitate and drive results in a fast paced and demanding growth environment, leveraging strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
This role will be challenged to implement a fit for purpose SIOP process for Curtis to improve customer satisfaction, profitability, inventory turns, lead times and working capital. The core functions of the position include strategic and tactical decision-making processes related to balancing demand and supply; aligning volume and mix with capacity and capability; and integrating financial and operating plans within strategic objectives to deliver improved operating and financial results.
This is a hybrid position, requiring flexibility to go into our Mount Kisco, New York office up to two times a week, or as needed.
What you'll do:
- This position is responsible for developing a fit for purpose SIOP strategy and execution;
- Prepare data and material for monthly SIOP meetings that will facilitate decisions around production planning, equipment, labor and all other resources needed to support demand over the SIOP planning horizon. Coordinate and facilitate the monthly SIOP meetings to achieve the demand plan consensus including strategic, product, sales, and marketing activities as well as supply plan balance and constraints/gaps.
- Leads cross functional teams in relation to international inventory related matters, including Transportation, Operations, Inventory, and Planning;
- Responsible for capacity modeling processes, as well as establishing governance regarding adjustments to forecasting and order backlog, and assumptions that revise capacity;
- Manage the aggregation of the demand plan process, producing a rolling 12-18 month estimate of unconstrained future demand in units.
- Assist in the documentation of assumptions incorporated in the demand and supply plan and validate past assumptions.
- Develop support metrics, tools and reporting that will enable Manufacturing plants and Procurement teams to achieve these service level and inventory targets.
- Track performance metrics and analysis to identify both opportunities and potential issues within SIOP processes and reporting as well as those across departments; provide insights and recommendations to help improve results.
- Work closely with Procurement, Manufacturing, and Logistics; Distribution to evaluate the demand/production plan against inventory, capacity and external factors and to create mitigation actions if needed.
- Identify significant business risks and escalate to the appropriate leadership teams.
- Ensure efficient communication across functional teams for any trends, drivers, and takeaways in a clear and concise manner.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or Logistics. MBA or Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Finance or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Supply Chain (experience in Demand Planning, Supply Planning, and Inventory Planning in an environment of both manufactured and highly engineered).
- Knowledge and experience in MRP and ERP systems inventory control, materials requirements planning, item master, demand planning, and advanced supply chain planning and analytics preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Supply Chain network design, planning, and optimization
- 8+ years of leading cross-functional S&OP/S&OE events
- 8+ years of inventory management, planning, forecasting and transportation, DC Operations
- 8+ years of Merchandise Planning Management, Demand Planning and Supply Chain Forecasting
- 5+ years of senior leadership experience with proven ability to hire, mentor and train large cross-functional teams
- People management experience including strong interpersonal and leadership skills: meeting facilitation, skill sharing and training, organization, conflict management, change agent, manage relationships.
- MBA or Master's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain
- Experience designing supply chain models
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma process improvement methodologies
- APICS Certification preferred.
What you get:
- Generous medical and dental plan
- Life Insurance
- Educational reimbursement
- Paid parental leave (for Moms and Dads)
- Ten annual holidays
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible work environment
- Flexible work environment
Please visit us on LinkedIn and Glassdoor to learn more about Curtis. For consideration, please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!!
If this sounds like you, please apply today!