Curtis Instruments Srl currently has an opportunity for a Customer Support Engineer – Software developer to join our team in Milan. This is an opportunity for you to be a part of an experienced team, where your contribution will be an essential part of developing the application software management and development.
· Responsible for the development of software and software control methodology for the next generation of platform products.
· Develop and update Software Control work practices in line with industrial standards.
· Develop applications code using relevant languages and API’s to enable customers to successfully implement Curtis control systems.
· Be responsible for the co-ordination and progress of software design for one or more projects, as assigned.
· Liaise with Curtis departments on all matters relating to software control and safety design for assigned projects.
· Carryout software V modelling processes & black box testing.
· Provide technical support to sales activities.
· Provide consultancy for customers in assessing or assisting in the definition of software specifications with respect to V modelling input.
· Provide site assistance with commissioning and final project sign off.
Skills / Qualifications
· Engineering degree or Technical High school diploma.
· Experience with machine/motor control and battery powered vehicles is highly beneficial.
· A self-motivated individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Italian native speaker, English must be advanced level
· V modelling, Matlab, Simulink and Bitbucket or equivalent software management tools.
· CANbus experience, DS301 and J1939 protocols beneficial.
· C, C++ application coding.
This position is located in our Milan office. We look forward to hearing from you!!