Curtis Instruments, a Kohler Co., is looking to add an experienced Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to our team at our Livermore, CA R&D facility. If you have experience providing core expertise for strategic project initiatives, design for manufacturability reviews, and advanced production quality planning of new products, we are looking for you!
This role is strategic, rather than operational, and involves planning/coordination of multi-functional staff to ensure manufacturing facilities in all geographic regions have the capacity, equipment, processes and expertise to successfully manufacture new and existing products in medium to high volumes to automotive-standard levels of quality.
This is a hybrid position, requiring flexibility to go into the office a minimum of two times a week, or as needed. In addition, occasional travel to international manufacturing sites is expected.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical/Electronic, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Demonstrated experience implementing/deploying new processes into manufacturing.
- Industry knowledge of quality processes, SPC, Black Belt, Lean Manufacturing (6S)/
- Strong Project Management and organizational skills, and the drive to take full responsibility for projects and problems in cross functional groups.
- Strong ability to communicate at all levels within the organization, including to overseas employees speaking English as a second language, accommodating cultural differences and sensitivities.
- Excellent computer skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a modern electronics manufacturing environment.
- Detailed knowledge of PCB assembly manufacturing concepts, techniques and equipment.
- Leading and implementing process improvement measures via new process and/or equipment technologies, from identification phase through to serial production validation.
- Prior experience of production launch coordination a plus.
Pay range: $90,000 - $150,000