Curtis Instruments UK, Ltd. is the UK subsidiary of Curtis Instruments, Inc., a global company specialising in motor control systems and instrumentation, for the electric vehicle markets. Curtis designs and manufactures a wide range of very innovative products and, due to continued growth, we are looking for an individual with the ability to integrate these products into a wide range of vehicle applications.
The role will primarily be the software development and commissioning of Industrial Electric Vehicle (EV) systems where good project management, customer interface and technical expertise will be expected.
The person will be expected to be able to troubleshoot, work autonomously and set the highest standards at all times. Working away from home is expected for typical durations of between 2 – 5 days in the UK and in Europe.
How You'll Contribute:
- Provide In-house product support for staff and customers.
- Work closely with customer engineers and our own design teams to create project specific solutions for electric vehicles and industrial drives.
- Run training sessions for customers.
- Participate in project reviews.
- Develop proprietary application code.
What You'll Bring:
- BSC EE degree or equivalent in Mechatronics or Vehicle Engineering
- Experience in programming using high-level languages such as Basic, C, or has experience with Arduino or Raspberry Pi and/or robotics.
- In-depth experience working with electrical and electronic systems and the associated tool environment.
- Knowledge of vehicle communication systems such as CAN-Open and CAN-J1939.
- Knowledge of motor control systems (strongly preferred).
- Experience in software analysis, documentation and design of experiments.
- Ability to work effectively in small teams.
What You'll Receive:
- Training and long-term development of your position.
- Interesting and challenging tasks in-house and at customer location.
- International work environment.
- Attractive salary and employee benefits