If you enjoy working with a great team of engineers who design products that enhance the drive-ability of electric vehicles, we may have the job for you!
Curtis Instruments UK, Ltd is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer for its UK Engineering Center (UKEC), located in the North East of England.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will independently design, prototype, test, troubleshoot and repair power electronic systems and assemblies. Define methods, operations and sequences for qualification testing of components, assemblies and products. Engineering support of a product development team. Follow product development cycle (V-model) including requirements capture and verification to requirements. Establish and document engineering procedures. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
In addition, your responsibilities will include:
- Design and debug power electronic circuits, components and PCB assemblies for new product development and sustaining projects.
- Design, setup and run tests to ensure the design meets specifications.
- Develop and apply new techniques, circuits and tests for product design.
- Maintain records and documentation on all designs, tests and analysis.
- Apply current techniques and tools to improve cost, design time, reliability, durability, and manufacturability.
- Work within a design team to complete assigned objectives.
- Troubleshoot circuits from prototypes, development, and customer returns.
- Participate in the preparation of development specifications.
- Assist other departments in the resolution of design related problems that arise during any phase of development or production.
- Mentor other hardware engineers.
We are interested in hearing from you if you possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, plus 5 years’ experience in a power electronics design, preferablymotor controllers.
- Experience with design of high current motor controllers or equivalent technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop designs to meet project costs, performance and schedules.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good engineering practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ESD principles and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PCB layout and schematic capture tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of circuit analysis, simulation and design of experiments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including mentoring capabilities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.