Product Manager in Mount Kisco, NY
Reports to VP of Product Management
MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US WITHOUT FUTURE SPONSORSHIP
What you’ll do:
Are you the “product champion” and expert on instrumentation products? Then you may be just the person we are looking to hire!
The Product Manager (PM) is responsible for managing Curtis’s portfolio of Instrumentation, Power Conversion and Input devices. The candidate must possess a strong technical understanding of these electronic devices and be highly knowledgeable on the applications and markets in which they are used.The PM monitors the relevant market segments for technology trends, customer and competitor activity, and reviews all relevant industry news and data to identify opportunities for new products or threats to existing products.
You will assist with the development of strategic new business opportunities in the following areas:
- The company’s approach to displays and gauges with a focus on custom developments for our Tier 1 customers
- The development and introduction of a Curtis ‘connectivity’ solution i.e. cloud-based remote telemetry/diagnostics solutions for industrial vehicles
- To identify and work with 3
The PM is primarily responsible for New Product Development & Product Introduction, Product Improvement, Sustaining & Obsolescence, and Market Surveillance:
New Product Development & Product Introduction:
- Identify potential new product developments and develops concept papers that define the opportunity and establish the business case for further review and approval by Curtis Management.
- Develop the MRD (Marketing Requirements Document) for approved concepts and in conjunction with sales and engineering, fully defines the market requirements for the new product
- Work with engineering throughout product development and ensure all departments are fully advised on major issues and any changes to specifications, costs and schedule.
- Work with Marketing-Communications to develop product support documentation and product marketing materials.
- Responsible for all product launch activity and ensure that the completed product is implemented in Curtis global business systems and ready for sale as appropriate.
- Provide product technical training internally to Curtis sales/service personnel and externally to customers.
- Support sales at customers and tradeshows as required.
Product Improvement, Sustaining & Obsolescence :
- Monitor and analyze the revenue, cost and margin of the product families and propose changes which would result in new opportunities, cost reductions or improvements in operations, or alternately, to propose product obsolescence or rationalization as required.
- Work with engineering, manufacturing and sourcing to ensure that product changes required due to component change or process issues are implemented with minimum disruption to customers and at minimal cost to Curtis.
- Responsible for customer notification and approval associated with all applicable Engineering Change Notes (ECNs)
- Oversee product rationalization/obsolescence to ensure customers are given sufficient notice and opportunity for a migration to a new product or last time buys, and that costs of any scrapped components and/or finished goods inventory are minimized.
- Work closely with customers and analyze the relevant market segments to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules, and competitive situation to help define future product developments.
- Monitor markets for adoption of new technologies/features/functions that could be leveraged by future products.
- Monitor legislative requirements such as environmental, EMC and safety standards, advising of changes or news of forthcoming changes.
- Monitor competitors and key customers and advise on new product introductions and industry news.
- Monitor other suppliers to the market for potential product re-sale opportunities, joint product developments or potential acquisitions
What you need:
- Electrical/Electronic or Mechanical Engineering Degree, or equivalent qualifications with additional relevant experience.
- 5+ years of technical experience with electro-technical components, sub-systems, and/or engineering of any of the below vehicles:
- Forklift, warehouse trucks, AGVs and other materials handling vehicles
- Golf cars, turf maintenance and other similar utility vehicles
- Mobile elevating work platforms –scissor and boom lifts
- Construction and Agricultural Equipment
- Airport Ground Support Equipment
- A general knowledge of vehicle manufacturing and electronics manufacturing processes
- The ability to translate customer wants and needs into definitive requirements and specifications
- The ability to evaluate conflicting interests and make decisions as needed to achieve long term strategic goals
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills –needs to be persuasive and motivating, and able to effectively manage by influence in a matrix organization.
- Technically competent, with a good understanding of electro-mechanical systems and programmable electronic devices
- A highly enthusiastic educator,who enjoys sharing knowledge and presenting technical topics to small groups
- A self-starter, capable of working independently using their own initiative, and planning their own workload effectively.
- A willingness to travel internationally as required
- Fully understand the legislative, commercial and technical forces specific to the market segment, such as conformance and compliance issues, or funding and reimbursement.
- Monitor the market segment for technology trends, customer and competitor activity and to analyze all such news and data to identify opportunities for new products or threats to existing products.
- Successfully balance the product requirements of the stakeholder groups (customers, dealers, reps, suppliers and internal functional groups).
- Ensure that the various ISO9001 policies that describe our procedures for product development and product obsolescence are correctly implemented and observed.
MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US WITHOUT FUTURE SPONSORSHIP.