Are you the “product champion” and expert for your company’s products?
Then you may be just the person we are looking to hire.
Curtis’ newly created position of Product Manager (PM) is responsible for several product families within the portfolio of Curtis products.
The PM is responsible New Product Development & Product Introduction, Product Improvement, Sustaining & Obsolescence, and Market Surveillance.
The successful PM will:
- ensure that all other departments – Engineering, Manufacturing, Sourcing, QA, Sales and MarCom –are fully informed of all activities and issues related to the product, and that all are performing their duties as needed for the product family to be a commercial success.
- be the ‘market expert’ for one or more market segments–for example, aerial lift platforms or materials handling vehicles.
- fully understand the legislative, commercial and technical forces specific to the market segment, such as conformance and compliance issues, or funding and reimbursement.
- monitor the market segment for technology trends, customer and competitor activity and to analyze all such news and data to identify opportunities for new products or threats to existing products.
- successfully balance the product requirements of the stakeholder groups (customers, dealers, reps, suppliers and internal functional groups).
- be skilled at ‘managing by influence’ in a matrix organization
- ensuring that the various ISO9001 policies that describe our procedures for product development and product obsolescence are correctly implemented and observed.
In addition to being passionate about products and markets, you will need a degree (or equivalent) in Electrical/Electronic or Mechanical Engineering.
We prefer you have:
- 5+ years of technical experience with engineering, technical sales/support, field service or product management roles for organizations involved in the following industries:
1. Manufacturers of Automotive, Off-highway, and
Industrial Vehicles such as:
warehouse trucks, AGVs and other materials handling vehicles
cars, turf maintenance and other similar utility vehicles
elevating work platforms –scissor and boom lifts
and Agricultural Equipment
Ground Support Equipment
2. Suppliers of electro-technical components,
sub-systems and/or engineering services serving the above vehicle markets.
of working in one or more of the following areas is essential:
electric vehicle and/or hybrid vehicle drivetrains
or J1939 CANbus vehicle communication networks
& DC electric motors
speed controllers/Inverters/Variable speed drives
general knowledge of vehicle manufacturing and electronics manufacturing
of delivering technical product training and producing product support and
- Ability to translate customer wants and needs into definitive requirements and specifications
- Ability to evaluate conflicting interests and make decisions as needed to achieve long term strategic goals
- Excellent interpersonal/communication/negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate effective to diverse groups
- Self-starter capability of working independently
- Travel internationally as required
- Strong IT skills
- Personable, with a high degree of professionalism, honestly & integrity.