Curtis Instruments, GmBH, in Paderborn, Germany, has an open position
for an Applications Engineer specializing in electric vehicle technology. Our
Sales & Support office in Paderborn serves the territory of Germany,
Austria, Switzerland, Benelux, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia. We
offer exposure to a broad variety of markets and applications in the electric
mobility and industrial drive system industry.
We are looking for an Applications Engineer to support customer projects
that require modification and development within the application layer of our
programmable motor speed controllers.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with customer engineers and our own design teams to create project specific solutions for electric vehicles and industrial drives.
- Write functional specifications, project and source code documentation.
- Planning and commissioning of prototype installations.
- Run training sessions for customers.
- Participate in project reviews.
What you need:
- BSc EE degree or equivalent in Mechatronics or Vehicle Engineering
- Experience in programming using high-level languages (C/C++).
- In-depth experience working with electrical and electronic systems and the associated tool environment.
- Knowledge of serial communication links (LIN, CAN bus).
- Knowledge of control and feedback systems (strongly preferred).
- Experience in software analysis, documentation and design of experiments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both German and English
(in addition Dutch preferred, but not mandatory).
- Ability to work effectively in small teams.
What we offer:
- Training and long-term development of your position.
- Interesting and challenging tasks in-house and at customer location.
- International work environment.
- Attractive salary and employee benefits.
If this sounds like you, please apply today!
Professional experience in one or more of the above areas is highly
appreciated, but not mandatory.